Website Delphinus Medical Technologies Inc
Be The Solution
Delphinus Medical Technologies, Inc. is an innovation leader in advanced ultrasound development and the first company to design and manufacture a 3D whole breast ultrasound system that utilizes a dynamic new technique to image the breast with the use of sound and water. Delphinus is committed tocreating improved breast imaging methods, while establishing a better patient experience for all women, regardless of age, without the concern of radiation or compression.
Delphinus offers a creative and friendly work environment. Our goal is to ensure team members can bring their best every day, in a comfortable, inventive, and collaborative space. We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages, and the opportunity to grow with the company. If you are looking for theopportunity to join a dynamic team dedicated to developing life-saving technologies, you may be a fit for us!
We are currently seeking a Service Engineer who shares our passion, enthusiasm, and dedication to transforming lives.
As a member of the Operations team, the Service Engineer will travel to clinical sites to install, troubleshoot, and repair SoftVue™ systems. This role will be the customer service and technical interface of the company with our customers.
- Experience with medical devices preferred
- Electronics assembly at the sub-system level (FRU-level)
- Basic wiring and schematic reading abilities
- Some familiarity with plumbing
- Experience with system trouble-shooting and maintenance
- Remote diagnostics and error log analysis required
- Must have experience with multi-meters and basic test equipment for trouble-shooting
Networking / Application:
- MS Office tools expertise (Excel, Word)
- Basic understanding of networks, VPN, IP addresses, configuring and connecting systems
- Basic understanding of GUI’s and configuring systems
- Interface with customers directly, in person and by phone
- Field and triage issues to resolution
- Experience in medical facility preferred
- Shipping / Receiving logistics
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft drawings, general business correspondence, and bills of material
Ability to understand basic mathematical concepts
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
BA or BS in Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
2+ years of professional repair/service experience preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills and other Abilities:
- Medical device design experience preferred
- Ability to assemble and disassemble equipment and devices
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- An active and unrestricted drivers license is required for this position
- Knowledge of GLP, cGMPs, ISO and ASTM procedures beneficial
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. They also occasionally move objects weighing up to 75 lbs., and sometimes, up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.
Travel: Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time