Website Delphinus Medical Technologies Inc
Be The Solution
Senior FPGA Engineer
Delphinus Medical Technologies, Inc. is an innovation leader in advanced ultrasound development and the first company to design and manufacture a 3D whole breast ultrasound system that utilizes a dynamic new technique to image the breast with the use of sound and water. Delphinus is committed to creating improved breast imaging methods, while establishing a better patient experience for all women, regardless of age, without the concern of radiation or compression.
Delphinus offers a creative and friendly work environment. Our goal is to ensure team members can bring their best every day, in a comfortable, inventive, and collaborative space. We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages, and the opportunity to grow with the company. If you are looking for the opportunity to join a dynamic team dedicated to developing life-saving technologies, you may be a fit for us!
We are currently seeking a Senior FPGA Engineer who shares our passion, enthusiasm, and dedication to transforming lives.
Position Summary: Works with engineering team, vendors and collaborators to develop and implement solutions to the issues related to the use of FPGA and the front end analog/digital interface. Performs the tasks related to implementation, data acquisition, testing, and maintenance of electronics firmware of the imaging system.
- Design and development of digital FPGA sub-systems within Delphinus products.
- Develop architecture of FPGA sub-systems. Strategize and propose system architectural changes/improvements as related to FPGA designs.
- Manage release configurations and conduct all V&V activities related to FPGA designs.
- Design of high performance ultrasound acquisition systems using FPGA’s.
- Lead the planning and implementation of small-scale projects.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements as related to FPGA development.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
No direct supervisory responsibility but may lead more junior engineers and manages FPGA consultant’s activities. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees and/or consultants
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formula, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering, or other similar field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in FPGA applications and in applying (Xilinx) simulation tools (in VHDL and Verilog).
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience preferably working on medical ultrasound systems or similar complex systems.
- Direct experience using lab test equipment, electronic hardware, and system software.
- Working on hardware based projects including signal processing, user interface, debugging tools, etc.
- Experience working with electro-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge in analog low level signal processing and instrumentation systems.
- Software design for embedded systems, instrumentation control and motion control.
- Experience with PCB design and viewing software (e.g. Altium Designer, PSpice, Cadence Allegro (Viewer), Mentor Graphics PADS (Viewer), GC-Prevue)
- Additional experience in software development in C++ preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in the use of MS Office (or similar) (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), communications software (e.g. Teams, Zoom), PCB viewing Software (examples listed above), programming software, version control software.
Knowledge, Skills, and other Abilities:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficient in planning, organizing and decision making
- Must be able to work in a Team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, objectively resolve conflict and facilitate negotiations to solve problems.
- Must be adaptable to a dynamic work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. They also occasionally move objects weighing up to 20 lbs., and sometimes, but rarely, up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.
Minimal, as needed.