Website Delphinus Medical Technologies, Inc.
Be The Solution
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant works directly with the CEO and multiple members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) by performing a wide range of high-level tasks, providing accurate and timely support along with frequent involvement with highly sensitive and confidential matters. This position requires a keen attention to detail and exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently in a professional manner, and efficient organizational skills. Acting as a trusted partner, the Executive Assistant serves as eyes and ears for the CEO. The Executive Assistant must interact seamlessly and with a professional demeanor across a broad range of individuals, including members of ELT, Board of Directors, and customers. To perform this job successfully, the Executive Assistant is expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel, and company information while exercising professionalism and discretion.
- Partner with the CEO on his/her calendar of events to ensure the maximum amount of time is spent guiding and leading the business.
- Coordinate the CEO’s travel arrangements and generate detailed itineraries when necessary.
- Provide administrative support to ELT members.
- Arrange and handle logistics for meetings and events, schedule and attend certain meetings, develop and distribute presentation materials.
- Maintain expense records and prepare monthly reports.
- Record detailed minutes during meetings.
- Screen and direct phone calls, emails, and visitors.
- Support the administrative department with general office tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Associate degree in business administration, management, or another similar field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
5+ years of providing C-level executive support, including travel and calendar management experience, and prior office administration experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Knowledge, Skills, and other Abilities:
- Experience in a business environment with professional demeanor.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work cordially, professionally, diplomatically and with a high level of customer service in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in dealing with sensitive business matters with internal and external customers of all types.
- Ability and willingness to identify processes, tools and/or procedures that may be improved upon in an effort to improve the workplace and outcomes for employees.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and employees at a high skill level.
- Strong focus, planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, and do what is necessary to meet deadlines, while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to think and respond quickly, positively and professionally to constantly changing circumstances.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Team player capable of productive working relationships across the organization.
- Resourceful, can-do attitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. They also occasionally move objects weighing up to 20 lbs., and sometimes, but rarely, up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.
Travel: Minimal, as neededApply