Delphinus Medical Technologies
Responsible for all accounts payable, reconciliation and general accounting activities in the office to include preparation, review and maintenance of records, additionally, assisting with financial reporting, cost accounting and business planning by performing the following duties.
- Manage Accounts Payable process
- Evaluate invoices for accuracy against quote/PO, process and post invoices to accounting system
- Prepare payments to payees to ensure on time payment; initiate electronic payments
- Maintain Accounts Payable files
- Maintains accurate vendor information in accounting system according to company procedures
- Manage the company’s banking interactions
- Monitor the company’s credit card system, ensure credit is sufficient, transactions properly processed via T&E system, and physical cards are secured
- Manage day-to-day banking interactions with depository banks
- Manage deposit bank balance to meet cash flow requirements
- Perform month-end bank account and credit card reconciliations
- Manage the Accounts Receivable process
- Receive sales order and shipping notices from logistics manager, and use to prepare invoices for customers
- Follow up on past due receivables with customers
- Maintain accurate customer information in accounting system according to company procedures
- Prepares various journal entries to maintain books of accounts.
- Oversees maintenance of records for fixed and intangible assets, monitors and reports all obsolete assets, and recommends their disposal
- Manage payroll processing & monitors all payroll taxes and required returns
- Manage processing of T&E expenses through Concur system
- Assist with month-end closing
- Support the Director of Finance on month-end and year-end financial reporting requirements including the annual financial audit
- Assist with preparation of financial information for meeting presentations
- Establishes training necessary for using all accounting systems for inner personnel
- Maintains process documentation for main areas of accounting: payables, receivables, inventory, banking, etc.
- Assists Director of Finance with preparing annual budgets and budget maintenance in accounting system
- Assists Director of Finance with maintaining excel-based financial modeling
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Not applicable to this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- BS in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- At least three years of accounting and/or finance experience required
- Previous work experience in medical device field is preferred, but not required
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment is a plus
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have have experience in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and other standard computer applications (email, web browser, etc.)
- Understanding of and experience with accounting and finance (ERP) systems is required. Quickbooks and SAP experience are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Oral Communication Skills Written Communication Skills
Interpersonal Skills Grammar/Punctuation
Proofreading Skills Computer Literacy
Keyboard Skills Customer Relations
Customer Service Diplomacy
Math Aptitude Organization
Planning Time Management
Reading Skills Computer Literacy
Self-motivated Team Player
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. They also occasionally move objects weighing up to 20 lbs., and sometimes, but rarely, up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.
Minimal, as required.