Delphinus Medical Technologies
Director of Sales
Delphinus Medical Technologies, Inc. is an innovation leader in advanced ultrasound development and the first company to design and manufacture a 3D whole breast ultrasound system that utilizes a dynamic new technique to image the breast with the use of sound and water. Delphinus is committed to creating improved breast imaging methods, while establishing a better patient experience for all women, regardless of age, without the concern of radiation or compression.
Delphinus offers a creative and friendly work environment. Our goal is to ensure team members can bring their best every day, in a comfortable, inventive, and collaborative space. We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages, and the opportunity to grow with the company. If you are looking for the opportunity to join a dynamic team dedicated to developing life-saving technologies, you may be a fit for us!
We are currently seeking a Director of Sales who shares our passion, enthusiasm, and dedication to transforming lives.
Reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Director of Sales will be responsible for selling the Company’s products and services, increasing revenue and product profitability, and managing and growing the Company’s sales efforts nationwide. Assist in the development and implementation of sales strategy. Monitor, analyze and manage sales activity against goals. This position works in close partnership with senior executive leadership team and is responsible for the development and execution of corporate-wide strategies to achieve or exceed sales/profitability goals and objectives. Achieving these goals will require detailed understanding of the marketplace and competitive dynamics, as well as technology trends and developments in a rapidly evolving business landscape.
- Responsible for representation of Delphinus products and their value to qualified accounts within assigned territory.
- Develop in depth knowledge of sales territory, account characteristics, product knowledge, sales processes and competition while building productive customer relationships
- Works with management to develop business strategy in alignment with corporate objectives to drive revenue, sales pipeline and profitability goals. Distills into an actionable plan with strategic objectives, tactical actions and progress milestones.
- Conducts and coordinates sales demonstrations to relevant targets and participates as needed for shipments, installations and account services with Sales Operations team.
- Achieves annual, quarterly and monthly sales targets on a consistent basis. Manages a stratified pipeline of qualified opportunities to ensure goals are achieved and that key prospects are identified, prioritized and pursued.
- Drives profitable sales (from inception, initial contact, contract negotiation to closing) with new enterprise/national accounts. Cultivates relationships at all relevant levels with key prospects to enhance the sales team’s effectiveness and ensure higher level account penetration
- Directs the data gathering and evaluation of market trends, competitive activities and emerging markets to drive new business opportunities to closure
- Represents the voice of the customer in upstream marketing functions related to product development and provides market savvy customer needs input to product roadmap development
- Leads in business case/value proposition development and participates in evaluation of partnerships or significant new growth initiatives
- Works closely with other departments and support staff to assist with development of RFP’s, proposals, pricing and legal contracts/agreements
- Builds and maintains a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
- Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
- Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
- Utilizes specified CRM platforms to maintain detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business, and any customer or vendor relationship problems.
- Provides periodic territory sales forecasts.
Fosters cross-functional teamwork to assign sales support tasks to colleagues. Although not their direct supervisor, serves to engage their support, planning and execution to drive sales activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or manuals. Strategic sales skills that demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as basic math equations, percentage, exponents and logarithms.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent, Graduate Degree Preferred
- Five years of related experience
Track record of professional growth
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Sales Force
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required as this position will entail direct engagement and management of customers, physicians, external contractors, project team, and vendors
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to present ideas and results effectively
- Team player, positive attitude and eager to do more.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, result driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate outstanding organizational and time management skills, and foster Delphinus characteristics of Passion, Innovation, Teamwork, Character and Hustle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. They also occasionally move objects weighing up to 20 lbs., and sometimes, but rarely, up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will need to sit for long periods of time in an office environment or stand for long periods of time in a trade show environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.