You will be involved in testing of our complex medical device. Projects include system control software, user interface design, and code optimization. Projects will be tailored to the skillset and interests of the employee.
Collaborate with other team members ranging in experience from new college grads to seasoned industry experts, including a management team with a successful track record leading medical device companies.
In addition to developing core software skills, our small company environment allows team members to develop varied, cross-functional skills. The employee will develop expertise in medical imaging and an understanding of the clinical applications of breast ultrasound. The employee will also take part in required training, and will learn about medical device design documentation practices, privacy / security of patient data, etc.
- Contribute to the testing and development of the SoftVue software by updating existing functionalities and implementing new ones.
- Contribute to the software development effort by designing, programming, testing, debugging, optimizing, and documenting code.
- Test code in support of the verification and validation effort.
- Write technical documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formula, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Bachelor in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical engineering.
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a regulated environment.
- Extensive experience in Python development in Linux
- Extensive experience with the Linux development
- Extensive experience with software verification (requirements specification, verification plan/protocol/report)
- Code documentation
- Collaborative coding with versioning repositories (centralized shared files)
- Experience in designing and developing automated tests from software requirement, design specification
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Meeting deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Extensive experience with the Linux development environment.
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Proficient in Python
- C++ knowledge is a plus
- FDA Design Control regulations, and associated standards, guidance.
- Experience with testing medical devices is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. They also occasionally move objects weighing up to 20 lbs., and sometimes, but rarely, up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.