This position is involved in the core design, development, and testing of electronic embedded hardware in the Delphinus Medical Technologies, Inc. SoftVue™ system. This individual will be responsible for assignments including analog/digital circuit design/simulation, PCB schematic/layout generation, design for reliability, serviceability and manufacturability, electrical system testing, and documentation.
In addition to developing core hardware skills, our small company environment allows team members to develop varied, cross-functional skills. The employee will develop expertise in medical imaging and an understanding of the clinical applications of breast ultrasound. The employee will also take part in required training and will learn about medical device design documentation practices, privacy/security of patient data, and more.
- Work on assigned tasks on key projects, directed by supervising manager and/or program management
- Design digital, analog and mixed signal circuits including schematic/layout creation and validation, component selection and BOM creation.
- Develop SoftVue hardware electronics by updating existing and implementing new functionalities
- Document all aspects of the development process; collaborate with cross functional groups to bring product from prototype through production.
- Develop, perform and Document component and PCB bring-up test process, procedures and V&V protocols, and generate test reports
- Develop hardware/software to support the automation of the testing process
- Support and/or direct lab engineering staff (including technicians) on laboratory activities
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
Ability to understand advanced mathematical concepts. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formula, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in electronic hardware engineering development, especially in FDA regulated environment.
- Extensive work experience with EDA software tools for PCB schematic and layout design. Altium Designer is preferred
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscope, power supplies, and spectrum analyzers etc.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience, determining causes of failures on circuit boards down to component level and methods of correction.
- Design experience with Microprocessor (PIC, AVR, ARM) and RTL coding using VHDL/Verilog for FPGA.
- Experience with developing hardware, verification/validation requirements and specification document.
- Experience working in Linux environment is a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and internet applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Profound knowledge in Analog/Digital circuit design
• Work knowledge in Digital communication interfaces (PCIe express, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet, etc).
• Proficient in Schematic capture and PCB layout
• Work knowledge and familiarity with EMI/ESD design and high reliability electronics design
• Skills in soldering/de-soldering PCB components
• Technical writing skills for documentation
• Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently
• Good written and verbal communication
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long term goals
• Excellent teamwork and people skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. They also occasionally move objects weighing up to 20 lbs., and sometimes, but rarely, up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.
Minimal (<10%), if neededApply