Works with engineering team, vendors and collaborators to develop/ verify HDL designs using FPGAs and the front-end analog/digital interface. Performs the tasks related to implementation, data acquisition, testing, and maintenance of electronics firmware of the imaging system.
- Architect FPGA designs of sub-systems within Delphinus Products. analyze and tradeoff multiple design approaches, balancing various product requirements and desires.
- Create verification test plans, test benches, and test cases to verify that FPGA requirements are met.
- Implement a variety of FPGA verification techniques such as functional coverage, code coverage, constrained random testing, regressing testing, assertions and score boarding in an automated test environment.
- Conduct all V&V activities related to FPGA designs.
- Lead the planning and implementation of small-scale projects.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements as related to FPGA development.
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
No direct supervisory responsibility but may lead more junior engineers and manages FPGA consultant’s activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formula, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Master’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- 10+ years experience of complete and successful FPGA design/verification cycles from architecting and creation of FPGA verification infrastructure to release to customer.
- Proven track record in technical leadership. This includes planning, execution, tracking, verification closure, and delivery to program schedules.
- Possess a full understanding of design using Verilog/VHDL/SystemVerilog following coding style guidelines.
- Strong understanding of state-of-the-art verification techniques, including constrained random testing, assertions, metric-driven verification and functional verification closure.
- Extensive experience with FPGA Design tools (Xilinx ISE, Vivado, etc) and Simulation tools (Modelsim DE etc.).
- Familiarity with OVM (Open verification Methodology) and UVM (Universal Verification Methodology) is a plus.
- Direct experience using lab test equipment, electronic hardware, and system software.
- Work experience on hardware based projects including data acquisition, signal processing, user interface, debugging tools, etc.
- Experience working with electro-mechanical systems (servo-controlled stages).
- Experience in a regulated, medical device environment is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in the use of MS Office (or similar) (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Knowledge, Skills and other Abilities:
- Proficient at using a hardware description language (HDL) such as VHDL, Verilog
- Proficient with FPGA timing constraints and timing closure
- Familiar with revision control concepts and tools
- Familiar with advanced verification techniques
- Knowledge of industry standard interfaces and protocols such as AXI, PCIe, SPI, I2C etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to document and present ones work and status
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a Team environment
- Must be adaptable to a dynamic work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. They also occasionally move objects weighing up to 20 lbs., and sometimes, but rarely, up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.
Minimal, as neededApply