The Senior Mechanical Engineer is an innovator, providing elegant and robust technical solutions to complex problems. This individual ensures engineering plans, drawings, documents, and related materials meet the requirements of the company’s products, with regards to design, cost and quality specifications.
- Work with the development team to generate mechanical hardware designs, solutions and documentation for new products or product revisions
- Prepare solid model representations of components, subassemblies, and systems to demonstrate that design solutions meet product requirements
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Apply engineering standards and best practices to establish acceptable tolerances, clearances, fits and finishes for parts and assemblies.
- Perform tolerance analysis to ensure multiple connecting parts and assemblies can be manufactured and operate as intended.
- Utilize knowledge of various machining processes, fabrication methods, raw materials, standard components, and engineering practices to maximize product value while minimizing product cost.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines to include critical dimensions.
- Ability to analyze drawing sets and build part files into assemblies following company specific naming conventions.
- Maintain revision control and history on drawings/source files
- Generate PDF’s from source files for inclusion in the Bill of Material management software, Arena PLM.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft drawings, general business correspondence, and bills of material.
Ability to apply mathematical analysis to such tasks as tolerance, mechanical design, Finite elements analysis, Thermo analysis
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
At least 10 years, 15 preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Solidworks and have experience in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills and other Abilities:
Excellent knowledge of Solidworks
Medical device design experience preferred
Excellent organizational skills
Able to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
Attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. They also occasionally move objects weighing up to 20 lbs., and sometimes, but rarely, up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.
Minimal, as neededApply