Contribute to the design, implementation, and optimization of SoftVue data acquisition and image reconstruction algorithms. Provide mathematical, algorithmic, and programming expertise in the area of signal processing, image reconstruction, and software acceleration. Provide creative input and signal processing expertise in the areas of imaging reconstruction, post-processing, and workstation image analysis software.
- Research methods for algorithm development and optimization.
- Develop image post-processing algorithms to enhance clinical image quality, including:
- Noise reduction, contrast enhancement, image segmentation
- Test experimental methods and models, and verify and validate the outputs.
- Create design specifications and documentation for new algorithms, signal and image processing techniques.
- Support product (C++) implementation of algorithms; work closely with the algorithm team leader to implement his or her development and integration plan.
- Prototype and develop advanced image analysis tools for use on the radiologist image review workstation.
- Implement, test, and document parts of the data acquisition and reconstruction chain.
- Profile and accelerate software components that are critical to sustain SoftVue’s high patient throughput.
- Promote the visibility of the company through patent applications as well as publications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Highly proficient with Matlab, signal and image processing
- Experience with C, C++. Experience with CUDA is a plus.
- Java experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience developing novel image and signal processing algorithms in some of the following areas:
- Noise reduction, advanced image analysis, segmentation, feature extraction, image registration
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formula, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Knowledge, Skills and other Abilities:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-directed, able to independently tackle challenging tasks
- Proficiency with computer systems
- Creative and a quick learner
- Organizational skills
- Communicates well with others
- Excellent time and workload management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Ability to present ideas and results effectively
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to travel up to 50% of the timeApply